Can I get help with my utility bill?
Senior Resource Association may be able to provide emergency assistance for discount service or past due electric bills to qualified individuals, when funding is available through EHEAP. Contact SRA at 772.569.0760.

Can I get help with transportation to doctors’ appointments?
Yes, our Community Coach provides door-to-door transportation to medical appointments and other destinations for eligible riders with no other means of transportation. For eligibility and reservation details, call 772.569.0903.

Where can I apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps?
You may apply for Medicaid and Food Stamps at several ACCESS Florida locations throughout Indian River County, they include: Harvest Food & Outreach Center (772.564.9365), St. Vincent de Paul (772.589.3338), and Treasure Coast Community Health (772.257.8224).

Where can I get help with Medicare prescription plans?
You may call the Aging Resource Center at 866.684.5885 and ask for a SHINE representative or call Medicare at 800.633.4227. You can also apply online at

How can I get a home health aide?
If you are a Medicare beneficiary, you may be eligible for home health services upon discharge from a hospital or rehabilitation facility. To explore the possibility of a home health aid please talk with your discharge planner. Private pay home health services are also an option. For home health services through publicly funded programs, contact the Aging Resource Center for more information at 866.684.5885.

If I suspect someone is a victim of neglect, abuse, and exploitation or is a victim of self-neglect, what can I do?
Call Adult Protective Services at 800.962.2873. The Florida Abuse Hotline screens allegations of abuse/neglect to determine whether the information meets the criteria of an abuse report.

How can I find affordable senior housing?
A directory of Rental Housing options throughout Indian River County is included in the Guide to Senior Services in Indian River County.

Where can I get help with legal problems?
Contact Florida Rural Legal Services at 888.582.3410 or Florida Senior Helpline at 888.895.7873 or dial 211.