VOLUNTEERS MAKE OUR COMMUNITY A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE
At Senior Resource Association, we believe that the path to a better community is a constant endeavor. Every day hundreds of homebound seniors and adults age 18 and older count on us for a hot meal and a safe, welcoming place to go. At the heart of our organization are dozens of volunteers who help make it all possible. And we want you to join us as we continue to make Indian River County a great place to live for people of all ages.
THE DEMAND IS GROWING
With the help of our dedicated volunteers, Senior Resource Association serves as many older adults and families as possible. Our community’s senior population is growing and we need more volunteers to meet the demand.
CHOOSE HOW YOU VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME AND TALENT
Adult Day Care
- Share your talent! Our clients love to be entertained with music and other special performances.
- Engage our clients in an activity, including exercise classes, arts and crafts, and more.
- Volunteer any day, Monday through Friday at our Vero Beach or Sebastian locations
Meals On Wheels
Every year we deliver more than 60,000 hot, nutritious meals to homebound seniors throughout Vero Beach and Sebastian. Here’s how you can help ensure even more older adults get the daily nutrition they need.
- Volunteer your lunch hour to deliver hot meals and a warm smile
- Deliver meals one day or every day
- Assist with office administration for nutrition programs, including filing, making calls, and data entries
Love to sing? Join us! Our volunteer chorus of 70+ voices performs three seasonal concerts at First Presbyterian Church in Vero Beach each year and multiple small performances at private events during the summer.
If meal deliveries or sharing talents are not your calling, consider volunteering as a client liaison.
- Call clients receiving Meals on Wheels to collect information needed for delivery sheets and software database
- Volunteer 1.5-2 hours, any time of the work day, any day of the week
- Import data to Excel spreadsheets
If you enjoy public speaking and interacting with groups, consider becoming a travel trainer. Knowledge of Indian River County’s geographic areas is required.
- Provide travel instructions and training on the use of public transportation
- Assist clients and riders while boarding and departing the bus
- Help develop travel itineraries for fixed route service, including origin and destination determination
- Deliver group training presentations to seniors and people with disabilities
How do you want to volunteer? Contact Angela Bosman at 772.569.0760 or email@example.com.