Case Managers arrange and coordinate services for clients, age 60 and older, who are enrolled in publicly funded programs, as well as through various grants.
Once placed on a publicly funded program, a case manager conducts an individual comprehensive in-home assessment to determine functional impairment and risk of institutionalization.
In-Home Services, including the following, are then arranged with the appropriate provider to address each client’s needs:
- Adult Day Care (daytime supervised care in a safe environment; Alzheimer's and Dementia Care)
- Consumable Medical Supplies (incontinent supplies)
- Emergency Alert Devices
- Homemaking (light housekeeping, laundry, grocery shopping, meal preparation)
- Meals On Wheels
- Medication Management
- Personal Care (assistance with bathing and personal hygiene)
- Respite Care (in-home, to relieve caregiver from constant supervision of an impaired older adult)
For more information on these programs, please contact us at:
Phone: 772.569.0763 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be placed on publicly funded program waiting lists, please contact Your Aging Resource Center at 1.866.684.5885.