NEW EXTENDED HOURS:
Monday through Friday 6:30am - 6:30pm
Saturday 8:00am - 5:00pm (Beginning December 3rd)
Sunday 8:00am - 3:00pm
Rides are available to all eligible Indian River County customers with a minimal co-pay fee. Currently, Community Coach is a "demand response" service, which means you must call in advance to schedule your trips with us. You will be picked up at your home.
For more information on Transportation Services, please contact us at:Phone: 772.569.0903 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scheduling Your Ride
It’s easy to schedule a ride with Community Coach! Just call 772.569.0903 at least 2 business days before your trip and ask to schedule a ride with Community Coach.
Reservations are accepted Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. through 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays. If you need to change or cancel your trip, call 772.569.0903 (voicemail is available after hours for cancellations).
Rides are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so it is important that you call us several days prior to your trip whenever possible. We will provide you with a specific one-hour pick-up timeframe when you can expect your ride. Please wait where you can watch for the vehicle and be ready when Community Coach arrives.
Important: Although Community Coach drivers are ready and able to assist you when entering and/or exiting the vehicle, they are not permitted to leave sight of their vehicles or enter your home.
New Rider Information
If you are a new rider, or if you haven't called us recently, please be ready with the following information:
Your full name
Home address and directions to your home
Date of birth
Emergency contact, address and phone number
Whether you use oxygen, a wheelchair or other assistive device (such as a cane or walker)
If your wheelchair is non-standard
Whether any children or an escort, companion or service animal will be traveling with you.
Note: A child under the age of three (3) must travel in a child restraint seat. Community Coach will not transport a child under the age of three if the Rider/Guardian does not supply the child restraint seat.
Community Coach accommodates riders who use wheelchairs, walkers, canes, guide dogs and other mobility aids. Our vehicles are equipped with lifts that fit most wheelchair models.
The following rules apply:
- Wheelchairs must be in proper working order and equipped with handgrips, footrests and brakes.
- Portable oxygen is permitted in vehicles, providing it is self-administered and of sufficient quantity for your round trip.
- Escorts/Personal Care Attendants who accompany riders who need special assistance may travel free, but they must have the same reservation as the passenger they are accompanying to insure there is sufficient room on the vehicle.
To cancel your trip, please call 772.569.0903 during business hours or leave a message at this number after hours. We ask that you cancel at least 24 hours in advance so that we can schedule a ride for someone else. If this is not possible, please cancel no later than one hour before your scheduled pick-up time. Failure to cancel your trip may result in suspension of your transportation service. Trips must be cancelled in enough time to inform the driver before he or she arrives at your door. Cancellations at the door are considered a "no-show." You are considered a no-show when the driver arrives to pick you up during your scheduled one-hour time frame and you do not board the vehicle as scheduled. Drivers will wait a maximum of five minutes after arrival within pick up window, before marking client a "no-show." Repeated no-shows may result in your suspension from using Community Coach services.
Our goal is to provide you with prompt, safe, reliable and courteous service. You can help us serve you better by:
- Calling to schedule your Community Coach trips between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Being ready within your one-hour pick-up time frame
- Making sure that your street address number is clearly visible from the road.
- Your exact fare amount ($2.00 per trip) is needed as drivers are prohibited from making change
- Allowing for time spent picking up and dropping off other passengers before reaching your destination, as Community Coach is a shared ride system.
To ensure that the vehicle will be on time for other passengers, your driver cannot make unscheduled stops. You must schedule any side trips when you make your initial reservation.
If your destination includes shopping, your driver will be happy to assist you with any packages that can be carried in one trip and safely stowed under your seat and/or on your lap while on the vehicle.
The following helps us provide clean, safe, comfortable and efficient transportation for our Community Coach riders.
You have the right to expect:
- Courteous, safe and punctual transportation
- Accurate information
- Clean, smoke-free vehicles properly equipped with seat belts and safety equipment
- Air conditioned/heated vehicles
- A properly identified driver
- Assistance with getting in and out of the vehicle
As a rider, you are responsible for:
For everyone's safety:
- Being on time
- Paying your fare or co-pay at the time of the trip
- Refraining from smoking in the vehicle
- Not distracting the driver
- Not littering the vehicle
- Remaining seated until the vehicle comes to a complete stop
- Keeping your seat belt securely fastened
- Reporting any safety hazards to your driver
- Riders deemed medically contagious may not be transported
- Riders with open wounds MUST have them covered during transport
- Except for medically necessary reasons, eating and drinking in the vehicle is prohibited
- Riders needing special assistance must be accompanied by an escort or companion
Thank you for your cooperation.
Holidays - Office Closed
Community Coach services and reservations are not available through on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday after Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve