SENIOR SUPPORTIVE SERVICES
Senior Resource Association helps alleviate hunger, isolationism, and improves the health and wellbeing of thousands of aging adults every year in Indian River County. With our diverse nutrition programs, state-licensed Adult Enrichment & Respite centers, Public Guardian Program, and convenient transportation services for all, we help promote health, happiness and independence for adults of all ages. Our organization provides supportive services with little or no fees to the client, which is only made possible through limited public funding and the generosity of our community’s donors.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Our Meals on Wheels programs serve more than 100,000 meals and wellness checks every year.
- Our Adult Enrichment & Respite facilities in Vero Beach and Sebastian are the only state-licensed centers in Indian River County.
- Our Community Coach service provides door-to-door transportation for eligible riders with no other means of transportation.
- Our GoLine public buses provide transportation along 15 fixed routes in Indian River County at no fee to riders. Convenient bike racks are included on all buses and a bike repair station is located at the Transit Hub located on 16th Street in Vero Beach.
- We administer EHEAP (Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program), which is designed for Indian River County seniors who are experiencing an energy-related crisis.
- Our organization provides information and resources for senior services available throughout our County, including but not limited to in-home services, homebound meal deliveries, caregiver respite services, home care services, and cognitive and therapeutic programs for adults of all ages.
- Senior Resource Association provides guardianship services to incapacitated adults of limited financial means who may be subject to abuse and neglect because they lack someone who is willing or able to monitor and advocate for them. The Public Guardian Program is designed to protect and exercise the legal rights of persons who lack the capacity to make their own decisions and are not adequately able to care for themselves. Through our guardians appointed to each case, an individualized care plan for medical and mental health treatment, social services and residential placement is established and filed with the court on behalf of our clients.